Sunday, June 19, 2011

Portrait demos at IAPS

























We attend the International Assoc of Pastel Artists trade show every other year. It was in Albuquerque 6/2-6/5 2011. I look forward to it. We set up a booth and I do Portrait demos to show the artists how I handle my underpainting and pastel technique on my Wallis paper.

I like to do 1 hour portraits of those artists attending who are willing to spare the time.
The first one is Dawn. The next one, showing the underpainting and the finished portrait, is Connie.

I wish I knew how to do a layout on this blog post thingamajig. I would have put the underpainting before the finished piece. But it's what it is.

I have a few more I'll post later.

5 comments:

  1. Don't worry about the layout.
    You put life into a portrait.
    Can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sam, I gotta agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great portraits..it is good to see that underpainting (even if it is "out of order") I love the expressions on both paintings

    ReplyDelete
  4. All paintings are hand-painted oil painting .The quality of paint pigment is stable and the color is not easy to change, which is up to the international detection standard of environmentally friendly materials. We pursue high quality of the painting and precise control of the detail.

    ReplyDelete